1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wharfedale PP-S1 LoudPanel Flat NXT Speaker System problems

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Malky1903, Sep 14, 2004.

1. Malky1903

Malky1903

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    Picked up a set of these after seeing the post in the bargain forum but try as I might, I can't get these speakers to work when connected through the supplied sub. They work fine connected directly to my amp [Pioneer VSX-D912] but they sound tinny [obviously 'cos no bass]. I'm using them as rears so the sub may not be essential anyway. I've checked and rechecked the cables but my amp keeps giving me an overload message and then shutting itself down. I have them connected to the surrounds terminals on the amp. I've heard of people having problems connecting rear speakers to the back surround terminals so I haven't tried that yet.

2. Nobber22

Nobber22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    Sounds like the passive sub has a problem. Return to RS and ask for a replacement.

3. Malky1903

Malky1903

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    Possibly the sub but I think it may be down to me using the supplied cable connectors. I'm going to try running cable without the cable connectors in the hope this solves the problem. I bought the speakers from Hifibitz and not RS ;)