1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wharfedale M5 Questions

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by kam123, Jun 3, 2001.

1. kam123

kam123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thinking of buuying one...any comments regarding picture quality, multi region compatability, etc...thanx in advance

2. Punster

Punster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Only what I've seen via Tesco's and Wharfedales own websites about it's claimed abilities. It supposed to be able to convert NTSC signals to Pal50 output via a player setup menu. That suggests to me it can play R1 discs, but whether you need a hack or not and whether it's the same as the old one, remains to be seen. But I have my eye on it's built in DD5.1 & DTS decoder for full surround, mp3 abilities, CDR, and VCD & SVCD compatibility. Although it will probably still have Macrovision protection enabled.

My current modified Pioneer 525 has performed flawlessly on many problem discs which I've seen other members comment on, R1 or R2, so I'm more likely to go out and replace my amp with a 5.1/DTS decoder than to replace the player, especially as my 525 is macrovision disabled for use with projectors! Unless of course I start to see a raft of good comments about the M5 player. I've still not seen a review of it anywhere.

Sorry, if that doesn't answer any of your questions, just a few thoughts that's all. :rolleyes:

[ 14-06-2001: Message edited by: Punster ]

[ 14-06-2001: Message edited by: Punster ]

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0