1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wharfedale LCD1710AF vs Beko 17WLB450S

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by chunkymunky, Sep 20, 2005.

1. chunkymunky

chunkymunky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Big dilemna guys. I was originally going to buy the Warfedale set for the bedroom from Argos for £299.99. Took a day off work to wait in for it and instead I get a phone call saying that it won't be delivered as they are now out of stock (they weren't when I ordered it). Phoned Argos yesterday and they have no idea when they will be back in stock so I asked for a refund (will take 7 - 10 days, the cheeky ****s). On the way home from work last night I popped into Tesco's and noticed that they had these 17" Beko sets at £249.99 and they will be in-stock as of today. Is the Beko any good or should I wait indefinitely for the Warfedale to come back into stock (the Wharfedale has integrated Freeview whereas the Beko doesn't)? The main source will be RF input from Sky+ which is being split by an RF2 powered device in the loft. Like the Freeview because you get the widescreen picture that you don't on RF fed terrestial channels - any opinions? Thanks.

2. chunkymunky

chunkymunky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anybody know anything about either of these sets?

3. chunkymunky

chunkymunky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Last try - does anybody know anything about the Beko set? Will Argos ever be getting more of the Wharfedale LCD TVs? Also, a Goodmans GLCD17W2DVD has come into the equation with built in DVD player at the same price. Are Goodmans still as nasty as they used to be?