Wharfedale ICS171 iPod Cable issues

Bongowhack

Standard Member
I recently bought the above car stereo and fitted it over the past few days. I came across the problem when I tried to connect my iPod to the head unit - the cable has a usb mini (type b) plug on the end but the head unit has a standard usb A socket hence the two will not connect.

Has anyone else had this issue? I've tried to contact Wharfedale direct through their website but the only products listed are speakers. The support seems pretty basic at best.

Any advice? I don't want to start using connectors / gender changers as I'll end up with a few inches of plastic sticking out the front of the unit which will look pretty naff.

Cheers,

Mike

annemw01

Standard Member
Hello Mike

My husband fitted this car radio for me only yesterday and I had to get my 23 year old son to show me how to connect my iPod Touch. The mini USB connector actually fits into the bottom half of the larger USB slot (so you're only using the bottom half). The top of the white plug (the bit with the USB symbol on it) has to face to the left. I found this worked fine. My problem is that I can't get the controls on the radio to work for the iPod as described in the instructions.

I hope this helps.

Cheers!

Anne Marie

Twootty

Standard Member
Hi,
Ive just bought 2 ICS171 radios, and just checked the ipod connector, both usb plugs fit the radios Ok. Can't try them out as i don't have an ipod. (Yet)
Trev

The latest video from AVForums

The Best Movies and TV Shows Coming to Netflix in November 2020: Tom's Thumbs.
Top Bottom