Wharfedale EVO2 8 or Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 Bookshelf Speakers

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by CALLMENUJAK, Apr 23, 2007.

1. CALLMENUJAK

CALLMENUJAK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    :hiya:

I'm interested in the speakers in the title for both movies and music. I can't find much info on the Wharfedale EVO2 8.

I have the Sony STR-DA1200ES A-V Receiver and Sony TAF-B940R Int Amp paired with the Sony SCD-XB940 CD P. I use a speaker source switch to change from the AV-R to the Int Amp.

The speakers will be used as fronts and rears. So the question is what speakers would you get the Wharfedale EVO2 8 or Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 Bookshelf Speakers? The speakers can be had for the same money. Can you also recommend a centre.

Any input/advice will be appreciated.

2. CALLMENUJAK

CALLMENUJAK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    If anyone is interested I managed to get hold of the Acoustic Energy Aegis Evo 3 Package 5.1 Speakers, Brand New Boxed, 3 Year Warranty, in Dark Maple Finish. All for £450 and I'm a very HAPPY chappy.

3. littleredhulk

littleredhulk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have a set of diamond 9.1's myself. I use them as fronts and rears also and they are great sounding. for the price these things are amazing but i would recomend spending £400 and getting a set of diamond 9.6's.

4. CALLMENUJAK

CALLMENUJAK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    You must have been trawling or tagging through the threads to find this. I got my current setup after asking the question and then saw a pair of Evo 1's in Cash Converters to make it 7.1. I'm very happy with what I've got and have no desire to change. The only addition will most probably be a Blu-Ray Player.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2010