Wharfedale DX2 (Black)

TIMCSSS

Hi all,

Looking to upgrade from my sound bar to a 5.1 set plus 2 atmos speakers. I don't have a huge budget for the receiver and speakers but would these be ok? Has anyone listened to them before or have them?

Thank you

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
Hey! There is old threads from owners if you use the search. What i remember some people weren`t fully happy when they listened very loud as the speakers are really small with tiny 3" drivers and meant to be wall mounted. If you keep moderate volume then they should be ok. AVForums have reviewed them too and naturally they are step up from soundbar.

Best way to buy is to ask bundle deal (speakers, sub + receiver):

However if you could spend bit more i would look these as they are surely step up. I think you could take another 50£ from the first option below if you swap the receiver to Yamaha RX-V4A. But the Denon is better choice if you are gamer (new consoles). Usually people keep the speakers long time so i would urge you to spend as much as possible. It`s worth every penny!!

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom