• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Wharfedale dx1 sub vs mordaunt short almuni

Lizard821000

Standard Member
Hi guys,

First real post just looking for some help, I'm not much of a tech geek and own a 5 set of the almuni 5 speakers , 2 front, 2 back and 1 center, but have never owned a sub before to go with it. I know the almuni has a matching sub to go with her speakers but at £170-£200 new I was wondering is it worth the coin? I'm looking at wharfedale dx1 sub and plenty 2nds around for the 100 quid mark and less , specs seem to be slightly better than the almuni too so does anyone know which one I should be going for?
I'm also open to other options, mainly just need something black to match and small , active although I have a nice juice sony reciever,

Lizard821000

Standard Member
My iphone cut that sentence short and would not let me go back to the end and carry on typing!? Lol so sorry for the cut off, any help thanks guys

Lizard821000

Standard Member
Am I actually posting this for public view? Lol coz I'm lacking any replies or help, very resourceful sight this one lol cheers lads

spyder viewer

Distinguished Member
You don't seem to have attracted much attention do you.?
I have a DX-! as part of a 5.1 system. I doesn't belt out loud deep bass but it does extend nicely the lower end of the sound spectrum. When watching blurays, it can enhance the effects and meets my needs.

How did you come up with your shortlist, and have you heard any of them or any other?

Oh and welcome to AVForums!

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom