Wharfedale dvd3210hdmi - May have died a strange death...help?

B

Bistromaths

Well, this happened very strangely and very suddenly last night, but basically it turned from playing one DVD fine, and the next one I put in it would not play. The DVD model number is as above, and connections are not the problem, just SCART to a small tv. However, it seems to display what I like to call a GSoD (Green, in this case).

Basically, I put a DVD in, and then it will try to load it (this bit gives me the impression that it is trying to hook onto a bit of the DVD...like fishing), not be able to connect fully with it, display a green screen for about 1 second (a long second, not a figurative second), and turn itself onto standby or off or something. Last night I was lucky if I was able to eject the tray, but I seem to be able to do that fine now. I'm wondering if it isn't something to do with the laser maybe being a bit dusty or for some reason not being able to catch the beginning of the disc.

Anyway, I was wondering if this was "a thing", or if I should return it. Almost sure it's still in warranty, but have a very untidy room, so difficult to find out. I bought it from Argos about 2 months ago. Any help please, or tell me if you need more info, but I just want to know what I need to do, because it's a nice cheap upscaling DVD player I got on a half-price offer at Argos. It was around £20-30.

Does anyone have any opinions on this, because I really don't want the hassle of returning it.

you could try cleaning it but those dvd cleaners with the little brushes dont do much, you need to take the top of the casing of the player and clean the lazer, while the machine is unplugged of course. If the problem still occurs then it is probably the lazer. My last dvd player packed it in after 3 years, wouldnt play cd's first then would play some dvds for an hour and then give a message disc error. Repair guy told me its either the laser or some of the vital electronics and either case its not worth fixing. In any case i only paid 115 pound and got myself a denon 1730 and well satisfied.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom