Wharfedale DVD + Denon 1802

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Cosmo, Jan 3, 2003.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    At last I've managed to sneak an AV amp + speakers into the house to go with my old Wharfedale 750 DVD player. However the number of remotes is now past the wife's critical list.

The Denon 1802 I have has a remote that can accept manufacturers codes and works OK with the Hitachi TV and Panasonic VCR but there is no code for Wharfedale in The Fine Manual.

I'd like to get the Denon remote to work the DVD player (the Wharfedale one is crap anyway) without having to fork out a load more cash for a fancy programable remote.

Any ideas?

Cosmo

2. hamtaro

hamtaro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have the 1802, and the remote is the worse one i have ever used.its tiny,try turning the volume down in the dark for proof!. seriously try RICHER SOUNDS, they have the PRONTO for 99.99, or there is the cambridge range.......anythings better than the original 1802,s remote.

3. Cosmo

Cosmo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You obviously haven't used the Wharfedale remote! The 1802 remote is a paragon of design, simplicity and useability in comparison. The other great advantage is that it is FREE.

Unless Richer Sounds (or anyone else) are giving away programable remotes for nothing, I'm stuck with trying to get the 1802 remote to talk to the Wharfedale.