1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wharfedale Diamond speakers

Discussion in 'Shopping, Deals, Discounts & Bargains' started by digitalmonkey, Oct 2, 2002.

1. digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone with an interest in these speakers may like to know that you can now get a dedicated rear speaker, the bipolar DFS 21, which has been designed to match the existing Diamond range. This speaker is avaliable exclusively at hifistore.co.uk for £120. I ordered some myself, they arrived earlier today, and they seem excellent although I have not had chance to test them thoroughly yet.

So whether you are considering buying a set of speakers, or already have a set of 8.1s on rear duties and are looking to upgrade, these may well be worth considering.

2. digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Unfortunately these are not quite the perfect solution that I thought they might be.

I read through the manual last night and saw that these are not actually the speakers that match the diamond series. The model that hifistore are selling is the DFS-21 which has polypropylene drivers, while there is another model, the DFS-23, which has the same kevlar drivers as the rest of the diamond range. DOH!!

Oh well, they are still a big improvement on the tiny hi fi speakers that I was using before, even if they were not exactly the perfect match for the rest of my system.

That's not to say they are not worth buying - but I thought I'd better inform people of this.