1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wharfedale Diamond Plus AV

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Canary_Jules, Nov 24, 2004.

1. Canary_Jules

Canary_Jules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +763
    Hi. I've got an Eltax Liberty set up right now and have been very happy with this but I feel upgraditis taking hold of me. I was going to upgrade the Liberty 1 fronts and perhaps the sub (Atomic A10) but then saw this http://www.superfi.co.uk/index.cfm/page/moreinfo.cfm/Product_ID/2060 . I've had Diamonds in my front room for years and really like them. Any one got any opinions on this offer for price and performance. I must say it looks great. Do you think it'll be much of an improvement on my Eltax set up?

I should add that my room is about 14ft by 10ft - will floorstanders be too much for a room this size?

Jules

2. wes2008

wes2008

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you are thinking of going for Diamonds, maybe you want to look at Diamonds 9 which is the newer model.

3. Canary_Jules

Canary_Jules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +763
    Ta Wes. I went for the 8.3s in any case. Arrived yesterday and have to say they are head and shoulders above the Eltax. Three words sum it up: clarity, precision and detail.

Very happy. :smashin:

Jules

4. CosmosD

CosmosD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Jules,
    I've been using my Wharfedale Diamond 8's for just over 2 years and I still think they are excellent value for money. Have you got the extra centre rear or just the 5.1?

5. Canary_Jules

Canary_Jules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +763
    No, a centre rear wasn't in the pack. My Yammy 5540 only gives me a phantom centre rear any way. Do you think it makes much difference? Any case, even my wife notices the difference in sound quality between the Wharfs and the Eltax (which, I have to say I thought was pretty good for the price). One of the main diffs is that dialogue from the front centre is now very clear, whereas I'd often have problems hearing it on the Eltax. Cosmos, what sub do you use with your Wharfs?

Jules