wharfedale diamond 9.1 vs Mordaunt short M20

JohnEFC

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I've just bought a Denon DM 39 and am looking to upgrade my Gale 3010s bookshelf speakers. I'm undecided between the mordaunt short m20 and the diamond 9.1

Both these speakers' are available at £99 which ones would you buy and why?

Thanks

J

You aren't getting any responses because you are asking an impossible question. When it gets down to two speakers, then only you wallet and your ears can tell you which is right.

According to this article from 1982, the Mordaunt only cost £90/pr when they were NEW -

Review: Mordaunt-Short MS20 loudspeaker | gramophone.co.uk

The Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 cost £250/pr when the were new and you can still buy them NEW for £99/pr.

To compare the speakers you would need to accurately know the specifications and the original selling price.

If it is used Mordaunt vs New Diamond, I think Diamond gets the edge.

Keep in mind you can by the latest version Diamond 121 for about £175/pr.

You can also buy the Tannoy Mercury V1i for about £132/pr.

If this were one of Mordaunts best speakers, say the Mezzo for £100/pr, it might be worth considering, but I don't see much point in paying £100/pr for speakers that are first OLD and second only cost £90/pr to start with.

Just one man's opinion.

Steve/bluewizard

You aren't getting any responses because you are asking an impossible question. When it gets down to two speakers, then only you wallet and your ears can tell you which is right.

According to this article from 1982, the Mordaunt only cost £90/pr when they were NEW -

Review: Mordaunt-Short MS20 loudspeaker | gramophone.co.uk

The Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 cost £250/pr when the were new and you can still buy them NEW for £99/pr.

To compare the speakers you would need to accurately know the specifications and the original selling price.

If it is used Mordaunt vs New Diamond, I think Diamond gets the edge.

Keep in mind you can by the latest version Diamond 121 for about £175/pr.

You can also buy the Tannoy Mercury V1i for about £132/pr.

If this were one of Mordaunts best speakers, say the Mezzo for £100/pr, it might be worth considering, but I don't see much point in paying £100/pr for speakers that are first OLD and second only cost £90/pr to start with.

Just one man's opinion.

Steve/bluewizard

You are completely wrong
You are mistaking the old ms20 with the new m20
The m20 is in my opinion is better than the 9.1
Bigger size,better bass,better sound overall

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom