Question Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 Issue

thematteffect

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone

I've had my Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 speakers for just about a year, to go with my Marantz M-CR611 Hifi system. Up until last Sunday, I've had them simply sitting on two units in the room and experienced no issues.

On Sunday I had them both wall mounted using brackets that were recommended by Superfi, since then I've wired them up again and it appears (At least to me) that one of them is much more clear than the other. I've checked the balance on the system and it seems fine to me, as well as every other setting I can possibly think of but the problem persists.

I did change out the wire when fitting them again, admittedly it isn't amazing quality but am unsure if this is the cause given that both speakers have been wired with the same roll.

If I put my ear to the right speaker it is producing sound, but it is quite hushed and not clear at all - Family think I'm crazy.

Any ideas?

Does the Diamond 9.1 have FOUR Wire Terminal Posts on the back of each speaker?

If so, then there should be a Jumper Bar between the upper and lower terminals. That jumper bar can sometimes come loose and in that case, depending on where the wires are connected, you will either lose your bass driver or the Tweeter. Most often the Tweeter. Check that the Jumper Bars are in place, all the Wire Terminals are screwed down tight, and likely that will fix your problem.

Steve/bluewizard

If the speaker does not have FOUR Wire Terminals, then how are you connecting the wires? That is Banana Plugs, Spades, or Bare Wire. If bare wire, make sure that a stray stand of wire is not shorting the terminals, or that the Wire Terminal is not screwed down on the Insulation.

Steve/bluewizard

Last edited:
Also, when you wall mounted the speakers, you likely disconnected and re-connected the wire.

MAKE ABSOLUTELY SURE BEYOND ANY SHADOW OF A DOUBT, that the speakers are wired correctly. That in every case the Amp(Red+) goes the the Speaker(Red+), and of course black-to-black. That is a very easy mistake to make, one that we have all made.

Nothing will suck the life out of a speaker like one of them being wired backwards.

Steve/bluewizard

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom