Wharfedale Diamond 8.3 - Base problem

A

allypolly

I have had my diamond 8.3 speakers for 2 years now. The sound i get from them is has been amazing. Just recently one of speaker`s base driver has started to develop a crackling sound which has destroyed that perfect sound!! I guess that the base driver is broken due to my house mate playing it excessively loud!!

What do I need to do to fix the problem. I have guessed that I`ll need to replace the base driver. They are 165mm kevlar cones. i have looked on the internet to find where i can buy one but i have had no luck.

Could anyone help me with this and give me an idea of how much it would be.

Cheers!

CosmosD

Hi, sorry to hear your bad news. Try contacting Wharfedale's service department. http://www.wharfedale.co.uk/servspeak.htm
I had a problem with a subwoofer a couple of years ago and they repaired it for me under warranty. They might be able to send you a new driver which should be fairly easy to replace if you or someone you know is handy with a soldering iron.

A

allypolly

Thanks for your help. I will contact Wharfadale this week. Hopefully i`ll have them up and running to their former glory. Appreciate the help

Cheers,

Ally

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom