• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Wharfedale box owners please read

joffy

Just got the Wharfedale Freeview box, but while going through the setup the instructions state, "using the supplied lead..." for the antenna out, goes from box to tv aerial socket, but there was no lead, just a scart lead.
So went back to Argos and they opened another and said theres no other lead supplied.

So did you get the lead with yours and if not is this lead really needed and what type of lead do I need get if it is?

Thanks.

clockworks

The lead is so that you can get the aerial signal to your TV, allowing you to watch the analogue channels. You don't need it to watch Freeview from the digibox.

Chris Muriel

Distinguished Member
B & Q, Wilkinsons and various pound shops for starters.
If you have a reasonable signal, these cheapies may be sufficient.

Chris Muriel, Manchester

pcdoc

I've had 2 of these from "Argos it" and I don't think there was a patch lead in the box, the clock was always going haywire, eventually got sick of it and exchanged it, and you guessed that did the same, slow to scroll through programs and you couldn't scroll to a channel on the EPG and press select to go to it, had to come out of EPG then press the number(s) its now chucked on a shelf and I bought one of the cheapies (19.97) from ASDA, a lot better.

The latest video from AVForums

JVC 4K projectors, Denon X3800 & Perlisten speaker reviews, adding a sub to 2-channel + AV/HiFi news
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom