1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wharfedale Audio problems Please help

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by billy999, Sep 19, 2001.

1. billy999

billy999

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a wharfedale 750s dvd player that i have hooked up to a sherwood 6095rds with an optical toslink. The problem is that when i play R1 & 2 dolby digital discs the audio skips like a dirty cd the disc is not dirty and the sound out of my PS2 is fine when connected int he same was also DTS discs are fine (Well T2 is the only one i have and thats ok).<br />Tesco would not help as the machine is over 1 year old can anyone give me some advice

If its get a new player i've heard it

thanks

2. Stamford

Stamford
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thats odd!!!
    I`ve also got the 750s with the same audio problem. But i get the problem when playing region 1 DTS only!?????

I`ve got mine hooked upto a Yamaha dsp-A5 also using the optical out.

I`ve posted on other forums with no result.

:confused:

3. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    billy999,
    Have you tried unplugging your audio connections and plugging them back in again, repeatedly. Also try setting your menus to defaults, unplugging and re-setting. This is only a wild shot, but have you tried a DVD lens cleaner?
    Tesco are fine for groceries, who will ask for help 13 months down the line with frozen peas or barbecue chickens, but for electricals not so good.
    My neighbour has a "Wharfedale" telly which has had two emergency recalls relating to safety. She bought a Sony video at the same time, when she found setting the timer a problem, she was told to ask a local independent dealer, she didn't have the cheek so insisted on a refund and received it.