1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wharfedale 750 (Video Problem) ??

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by pmoran, Dec 20, 2000.

1. pmoran

pmoran

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A friend of mine has just bought the 750 DVD player and is having a problem with the composite video (phono) connection to his tv. He thought it was a fault with the cable first then the tv but has tried the dvd player on my tv with a different cable and the problem still exists. It looks like the brightness is turned way down and fr a darkish scene you cannot see anything even with the brightness turned up full. I tried the dvd player with the scart to my own tv and it works fine but with the video phono crap. He brought the dvd player back to Tescos and got a new one thinking that it has to be a fault with the player but low and behold that same thing is happening. Has anyone any ideas ??

Thanks.

2. bradavon

bradavon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Composite signals are of very poor quality which is probably why it looks awful. I highly recomend that you use a scart and the RGB setting, to get the best quality picture.

Alex

3. bersgard

bersgard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

4. bersgard

bersgard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    pmoran,
    Can I refer you to my posting "Wharfedale brightness problem - it's official" on dvd.reviewer.co.uk (hardware forum). Thanks man - you saved my life (well, my Christmas anyway!).