Dismiss Notice
We're migrating the forum software to the next major version and this will require the site to be down for the best part of Monday 16th.
More details here. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Wharfedale 32 inch lcd at Argos where can I get reviews?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by Julie1234, Nov 1, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Julie1234

Julie1234

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anybody heard of or bought the 32inch Wharfedale LCD television, it has intergrated freeview and is £699?

Julie1234

2. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. Julie1234

Julie1234

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thank you very much johnyboy :thumbsup: I am just off to order one

4. onemanband

onemanband

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    WARNING: these TV's do not allow you to change the Colour when using a DVi input.

Everyone knows that using a VGA (PC) input on a typical HDTV means you cannot change the colour setting on the actual TV.

But, my neighbour just bought the Wharfedale (more likely an ALBA !) sold exclusively through Argos LCD 2710 HDAF....which just means it is a 27" LCD TV.

When we attached a Samsung HD850 upscaling DVD (and presumably this would also apply to a Sky HD Box or HD DVD).....only Brightness & Contrast were available in the TV menu.....ie the same as using the VGA input.

So, in effect, what the designers of these LCD TV's are saying is:

......."OK, for Digital (built-in) and anything attached via Scart leads we'll let the consumer change the colour settings, but if you want it for proper digital HiDef..via the DVi input.....they cannot change the colour !" - why ? - every other LCD TV I have read about, and the Sanyo LD5 that I own at present, are perfectly normal.....except for VGA: which you expect....and rarely use anyway !

It may not be so bad if the colour was set to a useable level: it is not ! - it is so high it "bleeds".

What a crock......avoid if I were you....'cos eventually everyone with a LCD TV will want to attach some kind of HD device...when SKy comes down to a reasonable price for example !!!! Do so at your peril !!!!!!!

(In theory it could be got around if it had component connections: it doesn't !!!)

5. tomandjo2

tomandjo2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    The problem with Wharfdale these days is you have a high quality brand name with regards to Audio but anyhting else such as TV's etc it's just very poor quality products with the Wharfdale badge on it!!!!

Tom