• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Wharfedale 28'' (picture of it inside) problem

SYLiam

Standard Member
Hey,

Got a problem with my TV, it's always been like this and it's just really getting to the point where I need to fix it.

I'm not sure on the model of it, but it's a Wharfedale. Here's a pic:

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/4844/dsc00008re5.jpg

Basically the right hand side of the screen's picture is cut off a little bit, as if the picture is too big for the TV.

As far as I can see, there's no option to stretch the picture size in any of the menus.

Is there anything else I can do?

Thanks for reading and any help is much appreciated!

JayCee

Distinguished Member
If you're saying the picture is too wide...excessively so...there is a common fault on the chassis used in this model with these symptoms which involve replacing a coil and diode in the line stage...and possibly reprogramming or replacing the eeprom.
Unless you're comfortable/experienced in handling electronic components and soldering I'd suggest you call in an experienced TV engineer and getting a quote.
There is nothing you can do in the user menu to alter this.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom