Wharfedale 2.1 HDMI DVD Home Cinema Kit Model DS-5957 + AL-604

R

richard hill

Hi
My parents were given this system as a present for Christmas.I am having a problem setting it up for them. I have connected the speakers as instructed in the manual and also have tried alternative connections but I can only get power from the main speaker and one of the small ones I cannot get power from them all when the system is connected. I only get the noise of the speakers from the two that work and no audible sound from the DVD when a disc is playing. Can anyone please advice a novice at connecting this system.
Thanks
Richard

davepuma

Distinguished Member
I'm not familar with this system and a google didn't turn up much. The first thing I would do is to swap the speakers so they're on opposite outputs and see if the fault transfers. This should isolate whether there is a problem with a speaker or the main unit.

Any links to manuals or specifications would be a big help in trying to sort this for you.

R

richard hill

I'm not familar with this system and a google didn't turn up much. The first thing I would do is to swap the speakers so they're on opposite outputs and see if the fault transfers. This should isolate whether there is a problem with a speaker or the main unit.

Any links to manuals or specifications would be a big help in trying to sort this for you.

Thanks Dave
I have tried swapping the speakers and they both work individually.

ballina226

Standard Member
Richard
I have just bought one of these and had the same problem.
Is the balance set central on the main unit.
Steve

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom