Wharfedale 10.7 fall

pmtv

Standard Member
Hello

One of my speakers wharfedale 10.7 fell to the ground. From what I hear the upper tweeter is not playing any sound compared to the other column.
How can I solve this problem, if there is solution for this.

Regards
Pedro Vieira

PSM1

Distinguished Member
Have you checked the jumper bars at the back of the speaker? I believe the speaker can be biamped so check to make sure the 2 posts are connected correctly (could have come loose in the fall). If that is fine then it could be something that has come loose in the speaker itself. To find this out you would need to take one of the drivers out and have a look inside.

pmtv

Standard Member
Hello,

Thank you so much for your reply. In fact when the speaker fall the jumpers bars got loose. I fixed, but the sound remains different. Can you tell me how do i take the drivers out. Its from the front of the speaker?

regards
Pedro Vieira

pmtv

Standard Member
i already unscrew the driver from the front, but i can't reach inside because the hole is to small. Is there any way of getting all the front panel of speaker.

best regards
Pedro Vieira

PSM1

Distinguished Member
Which drive did you remove? Try removing one of the bigger cones and this should give you more access.

pmtv

Standard Member
I unscrew the one at the top of the speaker(there are four drives, rigth?), the smallest one. it's the one that does not reproduce any sound. if i take one of the bigger cones i don´t now if i can reach at the top and try to analize the problem.

PSM1

Distinguished Member
If the wires to the tweeter are still connected at the tweeter end you may want to look lower down in the speaker as there should be a passive crossover somewhere in the speaker to split the full range signal coming into the speaker to the various cones. You want to make sure all the wires are connected at this end too. Removing the larger drivers should give you more access to see what is going on.

pmtv

Standard Member
hi, ok as soon as arrive home tonight i will try that! i hope that solves my problem. Tomorrow i will tell if i did fix it.

Thank you so much
Pedro

pmtv

Standard Member
hello,

when i opened the drivers i noticed that the "magnet" of the tweeter had fell due the impact on the floor. I already ordered a new tweeter to replace.

Thanks so much for your help.

Regards
Pedro Vieira

pmtv

Standard Member
PSM1, i need a sugestion.

At this moment i had a pair of wharfedale diamond 10.7. Now i want to buy a pair of Wharfedale 10.4 to put behind my sofa, and a the central speaker 10.CS. What do you think about this configuration. To u sugest other model of speaker. Do you think i need to by the subwoofer.

Thanks
Pedro

PSM1

Distinguished Member
The 10.4 would be a good rear speaker but will they be high enough to fire over the back of your sofa? Also rear speakers ideally want to be a little higher than the fronts (about 30cms above head height from the seated position). This mean a lot of people go for the larger standmounts (10.2) on taller stands (around 1m). That said plenty of people use floorstanders as rears and love it. For the centre I would go for the larger CM to balance out your fronts a little more.

Top Bottom