Wharfdale with Denon AV??

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by jontymo, Feb 2, 2009.

1. jontymo

jontymo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    I posted a few weeks back as i was going to purchase the Qacoustics 1050i and suitable amp anyway we have been away for our 40ths and i have managed to pursuade wife to let me have a bit more cash on the proviso we buy a few pieces of av furniture.
    I'm awaiting delivery dates for the Blok4000 tv stand and 300 3 tier hifi rack in oak from superfi so i thought whilst i'm on i will try to get a deal with speakers and amp, the guy at Superfi is ringing me back tomorrow when he has managed to get hold of the delivery dates direct from Blok.

He is pricing up the Denon 1909 and for speakers the Wharfedale 9.4 floorstanders with the 9.1 for rears with stands, 9.cs centre and sw250 sub, also to include a 3m sub cable and 30 metres of speaker cable.

Does anyone have on views on this setup and if i should be looking anywhere else. For info i only want the system for movies.

Jon

Last edited: Feb 2, 2009
  2. BlueWizard

BlueWizard
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,209
    It should look good and should sound good. Not much to complain about here.

The Wharfedale Diamond 9.4 are about £100 less than the Q Acoustic 1050i, but they should still do a good job of it in a normal sized room.

Did you get the full Diamond 5.1 AV package, meaning, did you also get a Sub?

At any rate, it should be a very good system. Though, remember that most speakers go through a break in period. After you've used them for 20 to 50hrs they should become very mellow and sweet.

Steve/bluewizard