Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

wharfdale loud panels

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by fatmatt, Apr 29, 2004.

1. fatmatt

fatmatt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hello i am looking to set up some sounds in my bedroom. I am considering putting in 4 wharfedale loud panels and then adding a centre later if i get a 2nd dvd player. they will initally be used for music. I dont need loads of volume so that is not an issue.
    I have read on a previous thread that they have to use the supplied sub. Does anyone know if I can run 2 pairs off one sub. and also ifI do upgrade to 5.1 what would i need to do or is it even possible.
    I am going for these as I want something completely unobtrusiveso it will be a bit pointless if I need 2 subs initally and then have to add another 1 for the 5.1

thanks
    matt

2. Nobber22

Nobber22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +111
    I have some Loudpanels - actually they are in the attic now 'cos I dislike their sound. BIG hole in the middle where the mid-range should be. Sound too closed in.

Yes, you will need extra subs. Each sub only works on a pair of panels, not 4 or 5.

Can't see the point in a bedroom, with 2/3 biggish, ugly black subs to hide.

Rather get some really small "eggs" like the new Klegg 5.1 setup - half the size of Kef 2005.2 speakers and they sounded great at Bristol show in February. Perfect for a bedroom IMO.

3. fatmatt

fatmatt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that, but i am still interested in getting at least a pair of them for stereo in the bedroom at the moment. Are you interested in selling your loud panels or are they in use in the attic