• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Wharfdale dvdr24f how to record from camcorder

RUSSELL

Standard Member
Hi,
just joined the site and I'm having trouble copying from my camcorder to my dvdr24f can anyone give any advice as the instructions are not clear.
Thanks

Gavtech

Administrator
Welcome to the forum RUSSELL.

I cannot help directly because it has never been possible to find downloadable manuals for Wharfedale units [ Has anyone found any? ]

But perhaps if you describe which way you are connecting ... and the problems you are having it may be possible to help.

Rompels

Standard Member
Hi it is my first time. I am desperate for answers about why my Wharfdale DVD24HD160F frozen in DVD mode. No response to remote and the message on television is loading DVD. There is also a DVD in the recorder. Any advice will do.

Gavtech

Administrator
Hi it is my first time. I am desperate for answers about why my Wharfdale DVD24HD160F frozen in DVD mode. No response to remote and the message on television is loading DVD. There is also a DVD in the recorder. Any advice will do.

Welcome to the forum.

Disconnect the unit from the mains for ten minutes then try again.

If you can get the disc out, try with a different disc.

RUSSELL

Standard Member
I'm coonecting through an av socket on the camcorder into the front av sockets (3) on the front of the dvd recorder, I have also tried through the scart socket in the back. I have spoken to Wharfdale this morning the first person spent 20 mins faffing and said she would get her supervisor to call back (still waiting).
A job so simple is turning into a nightmare

Gavtech

Administrator
I'm coonecting through an av socket on the camcorder into the front av sockets (3) on the front of the dvd recorder, I have also tried through the scart socket in the back. I have spoken to Wharfdale this morning the first person spent 20 mins faffing and said she would get her supervisor to call back (still waiting).
A job so simple is turning into a nightmare

With no manual I cant give you exact detail obviously... but it should be simply a case of selecting the appropriate input on the DVDR, according to which sockets you are connected to... This should provide the output which you should be able to monitor on the TV screen ... then press play on the camcorder and record on the DVDR.

RUSSELL

Standard Member
After I have recorded from the camcorder to the dvdr the system goes through the motions butt when I try and replay the dvd it just flashes blank on the display and reverts back to the tv channel

Gavtech

Administrator
After I have recorded from the camcorder to the dvdr the system goes through the motions butt when I try and replay the dvd it just flashes blank on the display and reverts back to the tv channel

Do you know if it is the TV channel coming from the DVDR that it reverts to ... or does the TV switch away from the DVDR to its tuner channel?

If it is coming from the DVDR then changing channels on the DVDR remote should display the changes on the display.
If this is the case, and whilst in this status, what happens if you put a known good playable DVD in and try to play it.

If it is the TV channel that is reverted to, can you force the TV to the correct input to see the DVDR by using the AV input selection button.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom