1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wharfdale diamond 8.3 in 5:1 system

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Wilf, Dec 3, 2001.

1. Wilf

Wilf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I'm thinking about the wharfdale diamond 8.3 as fronts to use with my marantz 4200/tosh 210e. They have a great review in WhatHIFI. Does any one know if the matching center is any good and whether I could integrate the bipolar Missions?Would 8.1 be better at the back. I know listening to them is the only way but I change my mind about what to demo hourly. An hour ago I was buying the keff eggs ( happy wife + 1 year old son safe). An hour before that it was the half price FS2AV. I'm back with big boxes now but this could change.

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    I don't think that you can beat good floorstanders but like you I have a small child and I was worried that he would knock one over so changed to Def Tech Pro Cinema fronts which are out of his reach.

I have never worried too much about voice matching the rears with the front three and have Mission bipolars as my rears and they seem to integrate successfully.

Ian