1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wharfdale Diamond 7.1 as rears?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by theo cupier, Dec 27, 2004.

1. theo cupier

theo cupier

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +113
    just found a pair of these tucked away in my loft, which I'd completely forgotten about!

should I consider myself lucky and use them as rear l & r for the surround system I'm about to get (to work with my rogers LS4a fronts) or should I consign them to landfil and get something new for this job?

Probably going to get a Marantz SR5400 or Yamaha DSPE800 processor (fronts will be driven by Musical fidelity B1, via the processor's pre-outs. B1 will also continue to serve direct for audio-only sources.)

Would anyone care to comment on suitability of the Wharfdale as shelf mounted rears?

Also, your recommendations for a centre speaker to compliment the LS4a are invited. Budget is not huge (no more than £250 max)

2. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,005
    You could use them as it will save you money, but I always prefer to match the speakers from the same manufacturer and range if possible. Why not hook them up and see how they sound, if they're not good there's always eBay :D

3. MikeRJ

MikeRJ
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    The 7.1 were great little speakers for the money, I still have a pair of the active 7.1's on my PC. Should be perfectly adequate for rear channel useage.