1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wharfdale 750

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by jawa, Nov 30, 2001.

1. jawa

jawa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anybody know what the latest Wharfdale 750's are like? I think the model is 750S or something?

I have the 1st generation Wharfdale and thinks its great for the price. I want to buy another one for a Xmas present, therefore I want to get the best DVD player on a budget!

Has anybody heard of any major problems with them?

Thanks.

2. Dangerous

Dangerous

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    They haven't been in manufacture for some time now so any you find are going to be old shelf stock or second hand.

4. Spud205

Spud205

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The 750 has been updated to a new model, Its the M5. £150 from Tesco's. I bought one last week. Quite pleased with it except for a noisy drive when playing certain disc's. Seemingly this is a common problem.
    Steve

5. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have they fixed the auto-widescreen switching which was disabled in the 750 and 750s?

6. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know the exact handset hack to enable the 1st generation Tesco Wharfedale 750 to play R1 RCE discs?

Ordinary R1 discs play no problem. Huh?

BTW this player is not mine so I@ll only be passing on any help you guys can give.

Thanks

7. eros

eros

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Regional Coding Enhancement
    ( R.C.E. )

Regional Coding Enhancement (RCE) has recently been added by Warner and Columbia to certain Region 1 DVD’s. RCE will prevent the DVD from playing on some “Multi-Region” DVD players.

...NOT ANY MORE...

If you are having problems with R.C.E. discs the following Hacks should help....

(Hack 1)

Insert Disc,

Press Menu immediately after loading while the player is searching for the start,

Continue pressing Menu until the film plays,

Press Menu again to get to the main menu,

Do "NOT" press Play or Enter at any time, just press Menu.

If The Hack Did Not Work Try This :

(Hack 2) First play a non RCE region 1 disc then insert the region 1 RCE disc
    Or
    (Hack 3) If You Can Manually Set The Region On Your Player Set It To Region 1 Only

Please e-mail us back to let us know if Hacks worked or not. Please include Make and Model of Dvd Player
    This will help us build a list of Dvd Players that works with RCE Hacks.

<mailto:dvdaddicts@cableinet.co.uk> <mailto:dvdaddicts@cableinet.co.uk>

RCE Hack Works On The Following Players

Digitron DVS 350 (Hack 1)
    Digitron DVS 360 (Hack 1)
    Whafedale 750 ( First Edition ) (Hack 4)

(Hack 4)

R.C.E. Hack For Wharfedale 750 ( First Edition )

Insert Film and wait for the map to be displayed.

Once it is displayed press the stop button twice (The player will go back to the DVD logo)

Now press and hold the button "Access"

While holding this button press the "A-B" button.

A menu will then appear which says Shuffle Program Normal Normal is the standard DVD player mode.

Select Program.

Now enter T as 01 and C as All.

Then move to the play icon.

Click play then sit back and watch the film.

8. ultimatenyle

ultimatenyle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have one and the player is very good apart from a few quirky faults i.e. not playing some discs or 'featurettes' and sometimes being a wee bit noisy, but that was with the earlier models and they can be upgraded by tesco - see my other main posting about rce.
    it has a really good picture and good sound and after comparing it to the tosh 210e that everyone raves about decided that mine was better, even with rgb instead of component
    the new version, the M5 is even better and has DD decoding, plays mp3 and has component out too,i think, and is currently £149.99 but will come down to around £80/90 after christmas/january time (someone who works high up for tesco told me). my mate bought this and the bush 5.1 speaker set(£79.99 from tesco too if you can find a store that still has them) and although not 'cinematastic' was certainly as good as other 'all-in-one' set ups that we saw, compared to pound vs performance it was unbeatable.

9. rjcowan

rjcowan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    The real bargain at the minute is the toshiba 210e multi-region at £189.99 + you get 3 free dvds. For the quality it is hard to see why you would want anything else. I recommend hiding the tosh behind a glass cabinet.
    If you dont have a glass cabinet then get 2 squash balls, cut them in half and pt them under the player - cuts noise considerably:D