1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wharfdale 750

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by bungitdin, Dec 11, 2003.

1. bungitdin

bungitdin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have one of the very first wharfedale 750 players. It has worked very well for me. It does not play rce coded dvd's which causes a few issues.

I have recently been given a dvd-r disc with my daughters dance show on it. It will not play in my machine. It does not even get past the load phase. It does play on my neigbours machine which is a more recent budget machine bought from Makro (cannot remember the make, may be proline).

Does anyone know if the 750 will play dvd-r discs?

2. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,042
    At a very good guess no. I have a Grundig 210 which was a later model than yours (yes not the same make). And A friend popped round with one and it would not play it I think the dvd-r is later technology than you machine.
    I would get a new machine say a Toshiba 330 if you want a budget one, for £80 from Amazon or one in black from Play.com. the picture will be better and the sound also.

3. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    My dads doesn't do DVD-R either:thumbsdow

4. bungitdin

bungitdin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info. Thats what I suspected.

What budget player would you recommend that plays all regions (i have a lot of region 1 stuff), copes with RCE and is generally a good all round player.

5. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,042
    The Toshiba 330 was the winner in its price range in the 2003 What Hi-Fi Awards at Amazon is multi region here I think it plays RCE disc.

I have been told Richer sound will do a price beater on it by £10.