• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

WF65 works, but not WF100?

squatman10

Novice Member
Hi there,

I installed a Sky Zone 1 mini dish (Quad LNB) for a friend to receive German TV from Astra 19.2E. I had an old single WF65 cable lying around, so I ran this loose (through the letterbox) to test that I could actually locate/receive the correct satellite signal.

I purchased an Octagon SF 118 HD receiver, preprogrammed with all the channels. I also bought a signal finder from eBay to help and after a bit of fiddling got it working!

As I was now fairly confident I ordered some twin WF100 from eBay, as I was going to run the cables together for the majority of the run, then just split into different rooms near the end.

Upon connecting the WF100 each end, I receive "no signal". The WF65 single still works and receives a signal. I connected in the signal finder on the WF100 cable, and this doesn't actually even power up.

There is a fairly sharp bend as the cable enters the wall, but I have completed a continuity test, and all seems fine.

If anyone can shed any light on this situation, or has any advice it would be greatly appreciated. At the minute all I can think is to buy some WF65 and replace the WF100, but one of the runs is around 20m so thought best go for WF100.

Thanks in advance.

Ekko Star

Distinguished Member
Upon connecting the WF100 each end, I receive "no signal". The WF65 single still works and receives a signal. I connected in the signal finder on the WF100 cable, and this doesn't actually even power up.

There is a fairly sharp bend as the cable enters the wall, but I have completed a continuity test, and all seems fine.

Sounds like you maybe using the wrong connectors for the WF100. Also make sure you have terminated each end correctly.

Have you checked for a short between the shielding and the inner core?

Cut both ends off and put a new plug on it, make sure there is not contact between shielding braid and center conductor

You could run a loose run of wf100 from dish to receiver and recheck if you have spare cabling, if the cable has kinked but the center copper core has not cracked all the way through you will still get continuity but obviously there won't be a good enough connection to pass the sat signal through hence the reason you get not picture.

Technicsman

Standard Member
Never had a problem with WF100! Used it on TV antennas and dishes. When it comes to cheap cable "caveat emptor". Buyer beware! I always buy mine in 100m rolls - nothing less!

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom