WF100 or CT100 for Sky+ - what max length of cable?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by loungefly, May 14, 2005.

1. loungefly

loungefly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Im having my cables placed in the walls at my new place and so having a sky+ wall plate in the living room and the cables going up to the loft. I want to leave a good amount of cabling so that when I have satillite installed I can run the cable out of the loft to the satelitte without having a join. But Im not sure what cable would be best for long lengths WF100 or CT100. From lounge to loft the distances is a good 10m. Also to consider is the house is a townhouse so two storeys. Does the satilitte have to be placed at the same height or can it be placed higher up closer to the loft - to reducing the length of cable?

2. Bluevanman

Bluevanman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    CT100 is good for runs of at least 50m, so you shouldn't have any problems.The dish can be mounted at any height so long as it has clear line of site. If it is going to be over 30ft high however it will need a special installation team or independant to do it.

3. vex

vex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +261
    Technically i believe you still can not mount the dish above the roof line as this requires planning permission.

However I have not heard of anyone being asked to remove a little 50cm dish.

With regards to the cable both webros WF100 and Raydex/CDT/Beldons* CT100 are approved by Sky and the CAI.

If I was forced to chose I would go for WF100, it is a newer cable and therefore may have slightly better preformance (although you may stuggle to see it). More importantly it is a foam dialectric which makes it harder to compress, deform or damage during install / construction.

In fact I only supply the foam filled stuff now.

*Delete as applicable for this months trading name! :rotfl:

4. Bluevanman

Bluevanman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is true,unless the dish is mounted on a chimney, then it can be no higher than the top of the stack.