wf100 / CAT7a / stranded speaker cable

evilution1x

Standard Member
hi all
i am on first fix of my house and i wondered if the wf100 / CAT7a / stranded speaker cable will interfere with each other or can they be run together??
regards
david:lease:

dj-dulux

All OK to run together, but keep away from mains as required in the regs. WF100 OK, make sure speaker cable big enough the job especially if running 4ohm speakers over 10m. Cat7a is a bit odd, are you fitting Bang and Olufsen, if not stick to Cat5e/6.

Dupe...

evilution1x

Standard Member
hi
thank you for your reply
i am only using cat7a for futureproofing and its double shielded (and the fact that i have 2000m of the stuff.....). i gues that is still ok to use??
david

vex

Novice Member
It is the cost of plates and time to terminate CAT7 that is a royal PITA, for no useable benefit.

V.

evilution1x

Standard Member
can i not just use cat5 or cat6 plates and termination for cost but leave it as cat 7a cable for futurepoofing and change any plates etc at a later date as required (if required)???
david

vex

Novice Member
Not sure that Cat7 can be terminated on 5/6 plates.

Diameter of the cable is larger from memory.

V.

dj-dulux

Its very big cable and will not fit to a cat5 fitting. Its too stiff due to the shielding. If you look at the cat7 connectors they go straight into the back, cat5/6 bend through at least 90 deg.

Dupe...

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Large Screen HDR TV or Projector For Home Cinema + Best of the Month
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom