wf10/ct100 coax cable

gdg23

Standard Member
Reaction score
I need to buy a couple of short (2m) coax m-m cables (just to connect from aerial wall plug to TV/Freeview HD box using a splitter). I read everywhere that I should buy wf100 or ct100 (does it matter which?).

But if I do a search for those types all I get are places selling cable per metre, I don't want to make my own, I just want to buy 2 made up cables. How do I know if the cable I am buying is wf100/ct100? I accidentally bought 2 rg59 cables, I read online that this cabling is inferior.

Any advice much appreciated.

I need to buy a couple of short (2m) coax m-m cables. I read everywhere that I should buy wf100 or ct100 (does it matter which?).

But if I do a search for those types all I get are places selling cable per metre, I don't want to make my own, I just want to buy 2 made up cables. How do I know if the cable I am buying is wf100/ct100? I accidentally bought 2 rg59 cables, I read online that this cabling is inferior.

“Satcure” sell WF100 RF Flyleads with TV plugs (Belling Lee type} fitted.

Price, excluding postage and VAT, is £4.49 for a 2 m cable length.

Coaxial WF100 digitalSatellite cable Sky and Freeview extension leads double screened

Alan

Last edited:
WF100 vs CT100: DTT cable - why WF100/CT100 is better than low-loss TV coax for digital signals
CT100 is also good and looks pretty much the same at this point. For DTT runs to external aerials, prefer WF100 to CT100 if you have the choice. WF100 has a foam inner insulation whereas CT100 has airspaced inner insulation. If water gets into CT100 it runs into the insulation and the cable can fill with water. WF100 won't do that, and is also slightly more resistant to kinking. Both are good with good workmanship.
so for a fly lead either cable should be fine.
I also wouldn't worry too much about the actual cable, the quality is what really matters and other companies make good quality coax cable but call it something different.
A very good quality cable can be bought from ATV at £3+p&p for a 2m lead - Online Satellite/TV/FM/DAB Cable, Leads and Connectors sales.

Mark.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom