• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Western Digital Passport 3.0 USB

martylaa

I am looking for a WD passport system to store movies on, i use a imac at home and pc at work, could i buy a normal WD passport 3.0 USB model or does it have to be the for mac model which i have seen on amazon?

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
Compatibility

Formatted NTFS for Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7
Requires reformatting for Mac OS X Leopard or Snow Leopard, or Lion

My Passport

The only proviso is that the drive utility software included might be windows only, you can download the mac version from the WD website but I don't know if that'll be locked to the mac drive.

stulou

You can buy the normal one and format it in Mac OS X for use with your iMac. I have the one for Mac because it's silver to match my laptop and have formatted it for use with Windows.

You won't need any software either. Just attach to your computer and use Disk Utility to format it.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom