Wesena HTPC Cases

Reaction score
Has anybody got any experience with these Wesena HTPC cases that have just popped up on here?

I'm looking to build 3x SFF HTPC for Christmas and the ITX2 & 7 look excellent.

Cheers

Paul

I've included the link: https://www.wesena.co.uk/section.php/6/1

Certainly very stylish but a bit "skeletal" internally. I wonder about thermal management as a result. The ones you mention are still quite deep front to back.

The ITX2 looks not much bigger than the original iMac to me and the ITX7 looks just a bit bigger again. As they are 100% aluminium I would hope they can get rid of the heat quite well.

I think I'll take the plunge and get one to test out. The hardware I want for the three machines will fit in there fine so I can always change my mind on the cases for the other two is the Wesena case isn't any good.

Paul

The ITX7 looks like the ITX OrigenAE case without the LCD, which is exactly what I'm looking for.
Never heard of the company though, although they seem to be based about 15/20 miles from me.

I like the look of the cases, the only thing I don't like is the Wesena logo on the front :S hopefully it can be removed.

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in the Wesena range of cases.

The Wesena logo is applied to the case by the end user - so you have the choice to fix it or not.

Regarding thermal performance: We have tested the cases here in the UK using popular mini-ITX boards and find that heat dissipation isn't a problem.

Hope that helps

Last edited by a moderator:
Fantastic, they look like really great cases. I'm hoping to use the Asus AT5IONT-I motherboard - have you tested the ITX2 or ITX7 with this motherboard?

@Wullsy - I have just had a look at the OrigenAE M10 mITX case - they look very similar don't they apart from the display AND THE PRICE TAG :-( Scan have that case for £325!!!!!

Cheers

Paul

Last edited:
WesenaUK - glad you're here, quick question for you:

I'm interested in the E6 case but I'm working with limited depth in my stand. I looked at the specs on your site but couldn't work out given the sizes 435mm×390mm×112mm (L×W×H), which of those was the depth! Please excuse my stupidity. I want to believe the depth is 39cm and not 43.5cm but need to know for sure.

Cheers, Rob.

They do look pretty good, but I'm not sure having a fan right next to an optical drive bay is an optimal choice (the E6). It really should have been at the rear of that side of the case, near the CPU.

And the front I/O ports on the ITX7 kinda spoil the good looks, no matter how useful they may be.

To the guys at Wesena, can you give us a little info on your history and how you've reached having some nice cases?

Cheers

D.

Last edited:
Wesena, are the dates on your website accurate too? 4th December?

Cheers

Paul

Wesena, are the dates on your website accurate too? 4th December?

Cheers

Paul

I had to edit their previous post as nobody had asked about stock, however before my edit it read:

We expect our next stock to arrive in a week or so.

Hope that helps a little until they next sign in :thumbsup:

Cheers Iccz, I need to build 3x machines for Christmas for the kids and these cases look perfect for my needs so hopefully they will be in stock in time. I'll contact Wesena tomorrow to make sure.

Cheers

Paul

I've been following Wesena for a while now and was interested in their cases, I was directed to Wesena.co.uk as they are the official UK / Europe supplier. The build quality looks good and at long last have found an alternative yet affordable option to the Origen AE M10 as the price for that is way OTT.

Have spoken to Wesena UK and they seem very helpful, I've ordered a black and silver ITX7, will be putting in the Asus AT5IONT-I, these will be perfect for an energy efficient, near silent HTPC with a bonus of looking good.

Will try to post some pics and brief review of the cases in action when I get them!

I've spoken to Wesena this morning and I've ordered one of the ITX2 cases to have a play with. Like Kemi Kal, I'll post pics of the build as soon as I get it and have built a machine in to it.

Fingers crossed these are as good as they look!

I've spoken to Wesena this morning and I've ordered one of the ITX2 cases to have a play with. Like Kemi Kal, I'll post pics of the build as soon as I get it and have built a machine in to it.

Fingers crossed these are as good as they look!

Did they give you an idea of timescales? I'm going to buy an ITX7 to have a play with over Xmas, but only if they are in stock immenently.

cheers,

They told me they were expecting stock towards the end of this week/start of next week so only a couple of days to wait give or take and weather permitting. I don't think you are going to have any problems getting one for Christmas to play with if you get one ordered.

HTH

Paul

They told me they were expecting stock towards the end of this week/start of next week so only a couple of days to wait give or take and weather permitting. I don't think you are going to have any problems getting one for Christmas to play with if you get one ordered.

HTH

Paul

Thanks for that. I've just ordered, so I'll wait and see.

cheers,

Does anybody know if these come with the PSU/Powersupply or if these need to be purchased seperatley?

No you have buy them separately, price is for case only. They also do little plug-in PSU's which go on to the motherboard and lead out to a PSU connector on the back. Then you plug a power brick in to that. There are other options though, better giving them a call or email them so they can advise - tell them what motherboard you have or intend to use.

HTH

Paul

You have to order the power supply separate. On the site they sell the pico psu and the ac adapters which are perfect for mini itx cases and motherboards as they are silent.

Thanks, will take a look around and see the available options, intrested in the ITX7 to upgrade the ASROCK 330 to have an interal PCI TV/SAT Card.

BlackGoldTV do a DVB-S2 (satellite) half height card (I have one) and a DVB-T2 (Freeview HD) half height card which would fit perfectly in that case.

I only went for the ITX2 in the end because I have my DVB-S2 tuners in one server type box and use virtual tuners to feed the other machines on the network.

HTH

Paul

Have spoken to Wesena UK and they seem very helpful, I've ordered a black and silver ITX7, will be putting in the Asus AT5IONT-I, these will be perfect for an energy efficient, near silent HTPC with a bonus of looking good.

I've been looking at the Acer Aspire Revo R3700 but also considering a mini-ITX based HTPC to run XBMC if the cost/performance is comparable.

The Asus motherboard you list is the one I've been looking at, so will be very interested to see how your build progreses. Looking forward to seeing the photos, and great news that the logo can be left off as it realy spoils the look of the case.

Having done some research on the Asus AT5IONT-I it looks as though it needs some air flow over it to help cooling even with the huge passive heat sink. Lots of feedback on this motherboard on the XBMC forum: HTPC build with new ASUS AT5IONT-I - XBMC Community Forum

James

Interesting reading jamesevans. I think with the ITX2 and ITX7 though there is a bit of headroom and a 40mm fan on the side drawing heat out of the case and away from that massive heatsink on top of the CPU and chipset. We'll have to see how the case performs with that motherboard. More worrying is the 1080p performance I read about with anything other than Linux :( I might have to put an i3 in it lol

Paul

Interesting reading jamesevans. I think with the ITX2 and ITX7 though there is a bit of headroom and a 40mm fan on the side drawing heat out of the case and away from that massive heatsink on top of the CPU and chipset. We'll have to see how the case performs with that motherboard. More worrying is the 1080p performance I read about with anything other than Linux :( I might have to put an i3 in it lol

Paul

Hi Paul,

I would have thought that if you run XBMC on Windows 7 and enable VDPAU GPU video acceleration there would not be any problems with 1080p playback.

I guess it depends on the operating system and software you are going to use. Please keep us updated on how you get on.

James

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom