Wescot Debt

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Becky01, Jun 22, 2015.

1. Becky01

Becky01
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am new to this forum and have seen threads from 2013 regarding Wescot debt and the fact that it is passed from the original party for payment but has already been paid by the insurers can someone confirm this for me please along with this if there is no sign of the debt on my credit report then presumably there is no debt but how do I prove it has been paid to send something to Wescot please.

Advice greatly appreciated

2. RuddyRoad

RuddyRoad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,445
    Becky

Welcome to the forum. As you can imagine, the correct advice you need around this is based on your individual circumstances. Although Westcot have been accused of some underhand tactics over the years, they do also service real debt and so it would be wrong to assume that they are acting outwith any authority. Important to check they have a right to pursue though. If you have read the thread from 2013 you will know that an absence of a debt on a credit report doesn't mean you don't owe someone money. The original company can sell the debt to someone else, even if they have an insurance policy to protect them from defaulters.

Could I suggest you contact either or both of these agencies:

Free online debt advice | Free debt helpline | National Debtline

http://www.stepchange.org/

You might also want to think about posting in one of the big forums that concentrate on money matters. Hope you get it sorted.