We're PC gamers but what's our favourite console on the side?

We're PC gamers but what's our favourite 'next gen' console on the side?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

craigmorris

Established Member
Reaction score
Have stuck with a gaming PC after selling my Xbox 360 but could be tempted to take the plunge by Destiny (Sep 9th) and some data from you guys would help me decide. I'd like an Xbox One because I prefer the Xbox One games and am one of the few to actually like the idea of Kinect for Skype/kids games but I don't want to buy a lemon and apparently the PS4 is outselling the XB1 3-1.

Steam box. :)

Tbh I think you answered it yourself, the x1 isn't going anywhere. Personally I prefer ps4 but it's about the games so go x1 if they appeal more.

That time again is it?

Wii U. Sold my ps4 and xb1. More to do with time available then anything else.

There's no right answer.

But for me, up to this point in time, Ps3. That's not a typo.

I went for a PS4 purely as I prefer their exclusives. Currently enjoying The last of us remastered. I also like the uncharted franchise so will get the 4th one when it's available.
Will inevitably get Destiny too unless it gets announced that there will be a PC version.

PC only, I do have an Xbox 360 which I kept purely for GTA5.
The new 'next gen' consoles were just not next gen, so I haven't bothered and won't be.

I started out with the PS4 at launch and sold it for an XB1 when Titanfall came out. The PS4 is a slightly more powerful console and some things do work better than the XB1 but overall I still preferred the Xbox. The whole xbox live environment just seems to be a lot more accessible than PlayStation and at the time it had apps and games (ie Titanfall) that I wanted to play.

I wouldn't look at the fact its being outsold at the minute, the PS3 was the underdog when that came out and didn't sell all that well until the games started coming for it which took a good 12 months and now sales are about level with the 360. If your not pushed to buy one Id give it till January as there's not enough to warrant buying either at the minute. Personally I wouldn't bother with either just to play Destiny.. I played the beta and wasn't bothered for it at all.

That said, if I had the cash (and steam can make its streaming work a bit better) Id get a steambox and the xbox would be out of the living room.

Dreamcast
Popping in ready 2 rumble for a game is still special.

I have not bothered with any "next gen" either this time round. Really nothing appeals to me games wise - which is the main reason I end up buying a console. Was day one 360 owner, PS3 I have recently got to catchup on some of the consoles exclusive titles (The Last of Us, Drakes games etc), had a Wii twice from the last gen too. The graphics stuff doesn't really impress - obviously I am bit spoilt with the PC I have, maybe if I hadn't spent so much it would be a different story - and nor do the prices for games.
Nearest thing to a console for me this year is a NVidia Shield which I pre-ordered the other day, which will give me access to casual gaming, my Nexus 2012 is looking a little long in the tooth.

With lets get ready to rumble playing in the background (ant & Dec)

I still dream of a proper reboot of crazy taxi. So so good.

Yep got that too. ;-)
Yeah could be good but It wouldnt be the same. Not even bought it on steam, Has to be played on the dreamcast.

How did that console fail! Brilliant bit of kit

Well I bought an Xbox one. Swapped it for a ps4 and then bought another xb1 and weeks ago sold them both lol. Decent machines but I was kidding myself thinking I had the time to give all systems some justice. I might buy one of them again in a few years once I can grab a few of the killer games and the console cheap enough. Saying that I could just borrow my mates as and when. With the arrival of the golf club I've finally found my go to game since quitting cod properly. Mix that up with my hefty steam backlog and a few exclusives on the Wii U and that will do me.

Have not bought a console since the SNES, but someone bought me a PS1 that I played FF7 on before getting it on the PC instead.

So the bottom answer for me.....

Will try and hold out until next year and see if Destiny comes to PC. That would be the perfect result as the new gen seem to do less than PS3/Xbox 360. If only they could stream media...

I also liked the point that Chox made that you don't need anything more than a PS3 at the moment which made me smile as if you don't have to subscribe to PSN with a PS3 it would be much better value than 'next gen'.

i use my iPad for casual gaming when away from the PC

Still got my XBox 360 but never use it
Still got my N64 in the loft

Unlikely i will buy another console really, i was tempted by a Wii U just for Mario Kart however i started using Dolphin to emulate Wii Games, had some fun playing Mario Kart Wii :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom