wep encryption & wii

fizzgog

hi folks, today i realised that my home network is unsecure when my bro-in-law brought his laptop round and connected automatically. that is not the problem but i have just noticed an unwanted "Intruder" has also accessed it within the last 2weeks:eek:

i have now enabled WEP encrpytion and the network is secure, however, my wii will not connect to my router/internet.

i am getting the following error codes: 52030 / 52031 / 52130. i have been to the website which tells me what they mean and followed their instructions but i still cannot get online.

has anybody overcome this problem without having to turn off the wep and making their network unsecure again?

many thanx for any input
pete

timus

All i had to do with my Wii and wireless network was to type my code into the Wii when it found my network and it worked flawlessly.

fizzgog

thanx for the replies.
i think that i have sorted it now. what i never did was tell my router what the mac address was for the wii. i have done this for both wii and ds and they are working fine with encryption on :clap:
my head is hurting though :confused:
thanx again
pete

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom