Went to look at the 4280XD Pioneer Kuro today and....

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by gtiboy, Sep 13, 2007.

1. gtiboy

gtiboy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    To be honest, the picture wasn't that great, it didn't look crisp, just not sharp. The Panasonic's looked much crisper and sharper and brighter.

I saw a 4280XD in Curry's and again in John Lewis. Both exibited the same problems just not crisp and sharp.

Infact I noticed people drawn more to the Panasonic's especially the PZ70 version.

People didn't seem very interested in this Kuro.

So my question is why is this plasma rated as the best out there, when in two different stores it didn't produce a better quality picture like all the reviews and people claim on here?

Note: both the Pioneer Kuro and the Panasonic PZ70 were displaying SD pictures.

2. kosovosteve

kosovosteve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    What you must remember is that stores like these will just take the TV out of the box and plug it in. They will not undertake even the most basic setup.

There are quick settings on the Pioneer 8G Thread to improve shop floor
    PQ.

This TV is IMO the best out there at the moment but does need to be set up correctly to get the best out of it.

3. Andy_Jack

Andy_Jack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    There is also the fact that the PZ is slightly better. I viewed a KURO on Wednesday and it was slightly less sharp to my eyes than the PZ I own. Many on here (Pio owners and fans) will argue that they have seen them side by side when infact they probably have not. The truth of it is, these new Panny's are the dogz ******. Picture quality on them is superb. IMHO ofcourse.:smashin:

4. ozzzy189

ozzzy189

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,241
    As a really proud 508xd owner, i was surprised to see the pio looking markedly worse than the pana pz700 in sevenoaks hull. It was really really soft and quite blurred with sky hd. i did have a tinker with it, but it didn't change. Weird, i can't explain it, well maybe 1080p is massivley better, but that's the first time i've not been impressed with a 508, mine looks wicked.