Went to get a passport today

onefivenine

Prominent Member
Reaction score
... which meant a 4 hour wait in Glasgow City Centre.

So I went to Waterstones, flicked through the whole of Magnum Magnum over a capuccino, and then dandered down to the river for a look about.

Just as I got to to the SECC, a black Rolls appeared... and out stepped...

3215277523_fefdf0446e.jpg

3215280903_c40d2b7b2e.jpg

3216135560_93c23915b8.jpg

JPGs straight from camera.

It was a bit of a fumble to get the camera out of the bag in time, but I got a few shots before he disappeared inside.

Going to create a 'Celebrities' set on my flickr I think :smashin: :D he's got Jimmy Saville to keep him company for now... :rotfl:

Fantastic, the first one is the pick of the bunch.

Ever thought of a career change?

lol, he likes to pull a lot of weird looking faces. Good shots tho :)

I Don't watch saturday night TV.
I have heard of him though so thats good.
They are good shots I like the first one.

Is britains got tallent a bit like popstar?

I Don't watch saturday night TV.
I have heard of him though so thats good.
They are good shots I like the first one.

Is britains got tallent a bit like popstar?

Thanks pal. It was totally unexpected so I'm quite pleased with these.

Yep he's [-]to blame for[/-] brought us a lot of those shows like Pop Idol, X-Factor, that sort of thing... probably the most famous person I've ever photographed.

Nice job, especially as they were taken on the hoof:thumbsup:

Thanks Baz. :smashin:

I had left it from the night before, shooting macro - on Manual, ISO50, 1/250, f/11 :suicide:
I was quite slow to notice this when I had to spring into 'Photojournalist mode'.

So I've made a mental note to leave the camera on AV mode, ISO400, and f/2.8 - from now on when I put it in the bag. You never know what might happen!

Good captures, especially as you had to do it in a hurry

First and second are really good 'pap' shots. Well exposed, nice DOF etc. Better than anything you usually see in the papers. The third is just a really good portrait in its own right. Nicely done indeed.:smashin:

First and second are really good 'pap' shots. Well exposed, nice DOF etc. Better than anything you usually see in the papers. The third is just a really good portrait in its own right. Nicely done indeed.:smashin:

Thanks a lot mate.

Yeah I was blessed with the light today, esp in the third shot.
Low winter sun across the river. The people in front of him cast just the right shadow below his eyes and the Armadillo sort of shaded us from above. It fell into place nicely!
At one point I thought about getting the speedlite out, but I'm glad I didn't. I would have missed these for sure.

dammit, I can't take pictures that good when I try, and you take them off the hoof, with the camera all setup wrong?! :)

Is that John McCririck auditioning for him in pic 2?

Could be related, or maybe an obsessive fan?!

dammit, I can't take pictures that good when I try, and you take them off the hoof, with the camera all setup wrong?! :)

Thanks, I was just in the wrong frame of mind when it happened, you know, wandering about slowly pondering filters, angles of the buildings - that sort of unhurried, contemplative photography.
Just took me a min or two to wind my brain up a gear to deal with the situation when it suddenly became the complete opposite!

Thanks for looking :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom