• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

went to buy s3 today sim free

houly

Established Member
three store 499.99 + £15 sim card, which i dont want... so went elswhere

o2, they were the same, you need to buy a sim card

same as carphone warehouse

:suicide:

im refusing to give into these places, any places where i can buy it without a sim card ?

i see it for £459 from a seller on amazon, tho not sure of buying from an amazon seller.

KhalJimbo

Distinguished Member

Saldawop

Distinguished Member
You can buy it SIM free from carphonewarehouse for £499.95 (online at least)

TsaraBomba

Banned
The £15 is a top up - I bought a HTC Titan a while back for CPW "sim-free" just had them top up the Mrs phone and she gave me back the money.

You could always check if someone is willing to give you the money and you top up their phone as such.

houly

Established Member
The £15 is a top up - I bought a HTC Titan a while back for CPW "sim-free" just had them top up the Mrs phone and she gave me back the money.

You could always check if someone is willing to give you the money and you top up their phone as such.

had a think whilst in shop mate, dont know anyone on payg, its a bummer :(

im payng a good whack for the handset, and 500 is taking the ****, but im not gonna get mugged off for more :laugh:

Saldawop

Distinguished Member
Buy online from carphonwarehouse and have it delivered to your local store?

TsaraBomba

Banned
I would give Amazon a try. A few mates in work have bought iPhones from there and have had no problems. eBay I wouldn't touch with a barge pole

Saldawop

Distinguished Member
According to the website , it is £499.95 SIM Free and £549.95 + £10 top up on PAYG, which seems a bit strange.

I went in to CPWH today and it was £499 sim free. I also tried P4U and it was £599 sim free.

I'm not sure what price would tempt me, but £499 isn't it. :(

houly

Established Member
ordered from CPW and its on way to store for £499

thats a carry on when they could have had the cash in the store today, saved a courier, and i could have been playing wi ma fancy phone

god things are awkward sometimes

s_d_grif

Established Member
It is still £480.26 on Amazon (sold by Amazon)... just look under buying options and pick Amazon as the seller?!

Caskey

Prominent Member
I bought mine sim free from carphone warehouse without having to buy a topped up new sim or anything.

houly

Established Member
I bought mine sim free from carphone warehouse without having to buy a topped up new sim or anything.

The girl that was serving me in the shop told me she sold them without it last week but it's just been added on.. Weird!

KhalJimbo

Distinguished Member
says its sold by gooddeal4you mate

Nope, thats only if you choose an alternate seller from beneath the Add To Basket button. If you just click add to basket it will be sold by and dispatched by Amazon. As you can see where gooddeal4you is listed it is under "More Buying Choices"

In stock.
Dispatched from and sold by Amazon.co.uk.

Last edited:
I've just called 2 local(ish) CPWH stores. The first one is only offering the white one without a Sim, not blue. The 2nd one went to a message about not being able to take my call after being on hold for 5 minutes. So I won't be buying from them. :p

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom