1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Went into buy a RPTV

Discussion in 'TVs' started by spidermanalf, Nov 1, 2002.

1. spidermanalf

spidermanalf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +103
    At Comet, and was talked out of it and told to get a Plasma, and to wait until after Xmas, as they will be getting rid of a lot of Plasma display el cheapy (just missed out on ex display 43" Tosh RPTV for 800, the guy in front bought it GRRRRRRRRRRRRR)

After doing plentiful research, I thought my room was of adequate size (just under 5sqmetres) and RPTV was the way to go!!! I am now confused, my budget MAY stretch to a plasma, if it was cheap enough (ex -display with a nick in, that I 'accidentally' did on the back!!)

I am not bothered been a 'flash harry' just want something that does the job well!!!

I am confused!!! Please help!!!

Thanks in advance

Jonathan

2. bh

bh
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Don't worry mate. The demo RPTV had probably been sucked of life having been run 10+ hours a day (and the 43" 4:3 set is quite an old model) and probably had screen burn. A lucky miss I'd say.

5 square meters - you mean 25 square meters :devil:

With a room your size, why not go down the projector route?

;)

3. spidermanalf

spidermanalf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +103
    I would LOVE Projector, but bird has flatly refused, she has no sense (but has let me get a Street Fighter 2 arcade machine!!)