Well, I've never seen that before

Discussion in 'iPhone Forum' started by Matt_C, Aug 10, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Matt_C

Matt_C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,783
  2. Puz

Puz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    I thought on Three when you left a 3G coverage area it dropped to 2G which is supplied by Orange? If so then you're down to texts and calls as there is no data coverage usually.

3. Matt_C

Matt_C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,783
    Most of the time, when you lose data (i.e., 3G) you lose it all - it does show the signal bar and the logo, with no data logo, for a little bit, but usually after 5 or 10 seconds it's gone to either "searching" or "No Signal" and you've nothing.

First time I've ever seen a GPRS icon though, with 3. Didn't get to test if I had any data, as it quickly went to wifi (was in a pub, and takes a few extra seconds to lock onto the free wifi), and had just enough time to go "ooh" then screen grab it

4. Monty1977

Monty1977

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +113
    ISTR that national roaming (with Orange) on 3 only kicks in in areas where three know (or care) that they have a blackspot - something about keeping the costs down as opposed to roaming everywhere where there was no signal. Maybe something to do with the 'old' days where people put 3 SIMs into 2G phones to exploit the then better reception of the roaming partner over 3's.