1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

well impressed with the 9607!!!

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Matthew Attoe, May 25, 2002.

1. Matthew Attoe

Matthew Attoe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Went into Comet today and had a good look at the 9607. Believe it or not the guy was EVER SO helpful!

I took along my Ultimate DVD Platinum test DVD's to check out the TV. The guy went and unhooked a nice dvd player from another display AND opened up a decent SCART lead (IXOS 126AV) to hook the two up together.

The only thing that I could fault was the rotation of the picture, it was quite a bit off horizontally in a clockwise direction... shame there is no picture rotation feature on the set (or is there......). Can this be altered via a service menu or something?

He also open up a sealed copy of Shrek (at my request) and let me have a look at that. Even up close the picture looked awesome.

It was going to be a toss-up between the Tosh 36ZP18Q or this Philips 9607. To be honest I couldn't really see much difference between the two picture wise, but because of the known problems of the Tosh set, I think i will be going for the 9607.

Shame about only having two storage shelves for the Philips tho'....

Matthew

2. nictry

nictry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +589
    Hi,

If your are referring to a tilt left to right/right to left then yes there is an option in the standard menu to alter this, my 9607 was out a little left to right and this was cured straight away. There are also loads of geometry settings in the service menu just do a search on the forum for info on this one.

Cheers Nick