1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well, i cant play on V.C.

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by ytgti, Dec 11, 2002.

1. ytgti

ytgti
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    My PS2's buggered, it took half hour to get it to load vice city the other day (or any game for that matter). It got pulled of my cuboard by my lad while i was on it one day, the disc tray opened then closed with the disc stuck half in/out when it landed on the floor. Since then (last year sometime) its got worse and worse for reading disc's, when i turned it on it use to go straight to the browser screen everytime then the game would load from there. Now it just goes to the browser screen and doesn't read the disc, sometimes says disc error. It might work tomorow it might not. I have to keep turning the power on/off and opening the disc tray/closing it. Then it doesn't always work.

Its peeing me off, and i dont want to buy a new one (could put one on my christmas list :D ). Im not sure were to take it to see about getting it fixed but i dont want to spend any/much money on it with christmas coming up.

Might have to dust off the cube and xbox but V.C is all i'm interested in at the moment.

Had it in peices last night to see if i could see if anything was broke or loose, but i didn't have a screwdriver small enough to strip the disc compartment.

Has anybody else had trouble with this cheap disc mecanism or similar problem.

2. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +626
    if you have had it in peices already you obviously dont mind opening it up, why dont you order a new laser for it as this is what has gone on it.

they are about £45 the last time i saw them in the uk.

if you have trouble tracking one down then let me know and i will give you a number of someone who had some genuine sony lasers, you will need to know what version it is as they do vary.