Well done Sky

treefrog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love it when I find a new addition to the Sky EPG and I found another great facility tonight.
I guess its old news but I just found out that I can now have more than 20 favourites. not sure of the limit. I'm upto 40 and counting.
Now I can put ALL the movie channels back on.

:thumbsup:

Also noticed last night that you can now set a recording from the trailer for a programme. Green button/icon appears in the top right hand corner, press that and away you go.

Perhaps SMS recording will soon be with us?

gravygrange said:
Also noticed last night that you can now set a recording from the trailer for a programme. Green button/icon appears in the top right hand corner, press that and away you go.

I always thought that would be a great idea. Unfortunately I han't got Sky+ yet but hopefully they will introduce the same thing for the standard box to set a reminder.

treefrog said:
I always thought that would be a great idea. Unfortunately I han't got Sky+ yet but hopefully they will introduce the same thing for the standard box to set a reminder.
Aye they might do that - but they will try and charge you no doubt to use the extra functionality. Unless you have the premium Sky package you have to pay £10 pcm for using it. Outrageous!:mad:

gravygrange said:

really? thats a great idea but i havent noticed it yet? is this only for certain channels though?

gravygrange said:

I've just read elsewhere that the green button does in fact work on both types of box, setting to record on sky+ and setting a reminder on standard boxes.

treefrog said:
I love it when I find a new addition to the Sky EPG and I found another great facility tonight.
I guess its old news but I just found out that I can now have more than 20 favourites. not sure of the limit. I'm upto 40 and counting.
Now I can put ALL the movie channels back on.

:thumbsup:

Although improvements to the Sky EPG are always welcome, I am always flabbergasted at how slow they come!
Then again I haven't really used the Sky EPG for the past 6 years due to TiVo, which can have as many favourite channels as you like -no 50 limits. TiVo makes Sky's and Sky+'s EPG look 10 years out-of-date!

Then again don't look a gift horse in the mouth! Free is a good price to pay for any improvements :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom