well done chelsea.

So, if they don't go after Owen and aren't happy with Drogba, who do they go out and get? Who would they target?

I feel Chelsea however may get more goals from him with the quality of the back up he'd have.
You may be right. However, I reserve judgement on that - if it happens. In Spain the speed factor (and surprise) are still serving him well. Will he still be scoring next year when Spains defenses (who learn faster than ours) have him worked out? I think not. The same if he comes back here. ;)

michael is the man. countless times he has been knocked and he still gets back up and does the business !!!! i love our St Michael and would like to see him back. have him in for baros who frankly is pee'in me off now. at least with michael you WILL get 20 goals a yr. he hasnt been the same player since he did his hamstring that lonly day away at elland road :( he lost a few yards of pace but learnt to make up for it in other ways

drogba is so over rated as well. a decent player but not that great and certainly not worth £24 million. i heard russians were lining up shevchenko :rolleyes: who says money cant buy sucess, it bloody well has done it so far

who says money cant buy sucess, it bloody well has done it so far
It can't. They spent a fortune getting Wolves back into the big time and it got them nowhere. Blackburn managed one season. Chelsea failed to win anything despite spending a fortune under Ranieri. You need a good manager to become succesful, and, even more important, to keep being succesful. Mourinho has done one, now all he needs to do is the other. Any takers on him not managing that?

ok when you take into context how much money chelski have then it can buy success. what you have to remember is that chelski can afford ANYONE they want. comparing to wolves isnt fair in what im talking about. yes they have spent money to get into prem but not on the levels i was associating with money bags down south. naturally you do need a good manager, but remember robben and cech arguable to the best signing were both ranieri's not moaninho's.

im looking forward to tonight ive got butterflies as its nearing. will be leaving for it in about an hr or so :D anyone want my ticket for a grand....NOT A CHANCE :D think we will do it but win or lose i will be proud to be a red and we have gone alot further than people expected. a good clean out in the summer and hopefully rafa is the man for the job.

ok when you take into context how much money chelski have then it can buy success.
Would you agree then that Dalglish bought success for Liverpool in 88'? Liverpool were on the fade so Britains second richest club went out and bought everyone in sight (and a few more). Would they have been successful though without Dalglish? Hindsight says no, they would not.

overkill said:
Would you agree then that Dalglish bought success for Liverpool in 88'? Liverpool were on the fade so Britains second richest club went out and bought everyone in sight (and a few more). Would they have been successful though without Dalglish? Hindsight says no, they would not.

suppose your right. im not denying moaninho he has proven he can do it. but it dont half help with a billionare ;)

You think Abramovich would go after Shevchenko? That would be his most expensive signing yet for sure.

didnt shevchenko tell him that he couldnt afford his wages ????????????????????????? oh and by the way ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha WELL DONE LIVERPOOL

oh and by the way ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha WELL DONE LIVERPOOL
Oh dear. Wrong thread I believe. :thumbsdow

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom