Welkin Portable DVD Player Sold at Woolworths Product Recall

Billy Hunt

I know a few have this DVD player as well as me.
I only saw this recall in woolworths by chance just the other day
I rung woolworths and they are sending out a new battery pack with a stamped addressed envelope to return the old one.
They were really insistent that the DVD should not be used with the current power pack.

PRODUCT RECALL
IMPORTANT SAFETY NOTICE
WELKIN 7" PORTABLE DVD PLAYER T516

Item Code: 270030320 - Barcode: 4893048153489
Price: £79.99
Serial No. beginning: 0504***** or 0505*****

Woolworths has learned of a potential safety issue affecting a specific batch of the above product. Every batch has a serial number that begins with 05*******. The affected batch has serial numbers that begin with either 0504***** or 0505*****.

Despite rigorous quality and safety controls, the battery packs from this batch may overheat causing a potential fire risk.

As a precautionary measure, Woolworths has made the decision to recall these potentially faulty products.

If you have purchased a Welkin 7" Portable DVD Player, please check the nine-digit serial number which can be found on the base of the DVD Player itself, in the bottom left hand corner.

If your serial number begins with either 0504***** or 0505*****, you should stop using the product immediately and contact the Woolworths Customer Support Department for a replacement battery.

If you have trouble locating the serial number please email or call the Woolworths Customer Support Department who will be able to assist you with locating this serial number.

All other serial numbers and makes of Portable DVD Players are not affected by this recall.

[email protected]
or
01706 862789
8am - 6pm Monday-Friday
9am -- 5pm Saturday

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom