welding a wall bracket onto my soundstyle rack

SILVERBACK

basically i want my plasma on the wall but its a plasterboard wall and i dont wanna run the risk to be honest now here is the game plan,after visiting my local av dealer to see what deal he could do for me on a pw6,i noticed in a new alphason brochure they had a normal av stand with a metal plinth directly in the middle and a wall bracket welded to it.seeing as im not about to buy a new stand i thought maybe i could get the local welder to do it what do you reckon ??? crazy early morning post or bloody good idea lol :smashin: also what do you reckon the downfalls could be

B

bobbypunk

sure i saw a brand new brouchure (I think it was Atacama but it isn't on their website, I'll check @ work tommorow) There was a freestanding unit to put behind a rack which was a foot a pole and a plasma bracket, It looked like it would sell as a seperate item!!

CARLOS

Distinguished Member
Originally posted by bobbypunk
sure i saw a brand new brouchure (I think it was Atacama but it isn't on their website, I'll check @ work tommorow) There was a freestanding unit to put behind a rack which was a foot a pole and a plasma bracket, It looked like it would sell as a seperate item!!
Yeah they have one in the local sevenoaks it looks very nice, The problem being i think its about £600 :eek:

B

bobbypunk

couldn't get the price today will try again tommorow. Sorry.

philipb

Price of the new Atacama unit is £379 or £399 depending on finish. The baseplate to enable it to be freestanding is £199. Without the plate you have to screw it to the wall.

It is very nice.

B

bobbypunk

well thats lucky cause someone had thrown my new price list out so still didn't know. Sounds like alot but it does look posey and Atacama is normally stunningly built.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom