Welcome, President-Elect Trump!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nabby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yesterday, in front of a crowd of supporters onboard a WWII aircraft carrier, Donald Trump said that he believes all Muslims should be stopped from entering the USA with immediate effect.

He said there should be a "total and complete" shutdown of the country's borders to Muslims, "Until we are able to determine and understand this problem and the dangerous threat it poses, our country cannot be the victims of horrendous attacks by people that believe only in Jihad, and have no sense of reason or respect for human life."

Is he being sensible or just pouring fuel on the fire of paranoia in the USA?

Given that just over 3000 people have been killed in terrorist attacks in the USA between the start of 2001 to the end of 2014, yet in the same time period over 400,000 have been killed by guns, it seems to my mind to be a bit subversive to get the populace whipped up into a frenzy over terrorist attacks more than gun control laws.

What do you guys think? Would Trump's words go down well over here?

No, I don't agree at all - and I don't think his words would go down well here at all

Not worthy of a mention, one of his aides said that would include American Muslims currently out of the country (yes including state dept and armed forces serving personnel currently on deployment).

Complete cracker he is.

It's an act, if he were to be selected as the republican nominee for presidential elections he will u-turn.

He's human clickbait, best ignore him.

I doubt he or the Democrats are clever enough for it to be a false flag op (he used to donate to the Clintons).

Clickbait with a fascist algorithm.

Trump is more than likely running for President to stay in the Public eye. It's the Koch brothers you need to keep an eye on.

Something I've never understood is why the political right, usually aligned with the needs of business, seeks to conflate terrorism with immigration, when it is business that most benefits from immigration?

The male San Bernadino shooter was born in Chicago. Our 7/7 suicide douches were British born (except for one, although he migrated when he was 5 and converted to islam as a teenager).

Logically, terror attack(er)s appear to be home grown, or at least our citizens need to go abroad as part of their radicalisation and then come back.

We may see him a a buffoon over here but great parts of the US lap up this xenophobic rhetoric bull.

You don't need terrorist organisations to radicalise and recruit when you have this bull to alienate and do the job for them.

There is a clear and present danger to the US and its name is Donald Trump.

I was greatly saddened that a buffoon of such heroic proportions as George W. Bush was elected as president of the USA, not once, but twice.

That DT is the front running Republican candidate is evidence that all is not well across the pond. I haven't been following the campaign but it is a great worry.

He makes Putin look like a pretty decent guy......

isistrumpfarage.jpeg

Clickbait with a fascist algorithm.

Trump is more than likely running for President to stay in the Public eye. It's the Koch brothers you need to keep an eye on.

I worked for a Koch owned company. They have some great ideas when it comes to do doing business; I learnt a great deal.

You've got to be joking. Cup of polonium anyone?

If you think about which would be most damaging to our country, I am not so sure the is answer is that clear cut.

The thing that i found most funny about what he said was until they could understand why Muslims hate the USA. Dosen't take a genius to figure out that the USA's foreign policy in the Middle East is one massive terrorist recruiting tool in itself. Iraq, Libiya, Syria, Continued suppoer of Israel in whatever it does, Eqypt etc etc theres an almost endless list of things the US has done that has created terrorists or created resentment against it.

The way Trump is going come the elction he will have alienated ot insulted every section of society

Would you want this guy in control of the nukes?
He knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.
He is lining up to be the greatest danger to a world already at war God help us if he gets elected.
He already tore a local community apart with his "rape" of the Menie estate in Aberdeenshire

Yes out of principal.

If they're going to ban Tyler the Creator from performing in the UK based on lyrics from 2009, then I want this dufus banned from the UK based on comments he made yesterday.

And its not because I want to suppress free speech, I want to see if our government will act, or whether because he's wealthy and a presidential candidate, whether they'll just be spineless.

between the start of 2001 to the end of 2014, yet in the same time period over 400,000 have been killed by guns
?

The thing that i found most funny about what he said was until they could understand why Muslims hate the USA. Dosen't take a genius to figure out that the USA's foreign policy in the Middle East is one massive terrorist recruiting tool in itself. Iraq, Libiya, Syria, Continued suppoer of Israel in whatever it does, Eqypt etc etc theres an almost endless list of things the US has done that has created terrorists or created resentment against it.

I thought Islam was a religion of peace, yet you are now inferring it is only peaceful if we have no involvement in the Middle East whatsoever.

Interesting.

And 'Muslims hate the US' do they?

Kind of giving credence to Trump there, sport.

12366428_10153159528766561_2670104994034334323_n.png
I was greatly saddened that a buffoon of such heroic proportions as George W. Bush was elected as president of the USA, not once, but twice.

That DT is the front running Republican candidate is evidence that all is not well across the pond. I haven't been following the campaign but it is a great worry.

He makes Putin look like a pretty decent guy......

Thats an interesting remark.

Putin´s Russia have killed some 9,000+ Ukranians and injured almost another 20,000. They sit on the unhr council too.

Trump is a an absolute **** but Putin, no he is a lot lot more dangerous but its convenient to ignore...

open letter from hip-hop mogul and Def Jam's co-founder, Russell Simmons ...
Dear Donald,

Over 30 plus years you have been an amazing friend; endorsing my books, coming to my shows, flying me on your planes, your helicopters, and even allowing my family members and myself to stay in your house in Florida many times. So, it kinda pains me to know that my public statements about your candidacy have strained or ruined our friendship. However, the fact is, what’s at stake is bigger than us.

I want to begin this tough criticism by reminding you that I am the Chairman of The Foundation for Ethnic Understanding, whose sole mission is to fight bigotry of all kinds. Our biggest program, as you know, is to get Jews to fight Islamophobia and Muslims to fight anti-Semitism. We are operating in forty plus countries, including Israel, France, Germany and the United States, where we have hundreds of “twinning programs,” bringing together congregations of mosques and synagogues on a regular basis. Do you remember, not too long ago, when you made disparaging statements about the Muslim community and I put you on the phone with myself and Rabbi Schneier and we had a meeting with the Chairman of the Islamic Society of North America? You were very gracious and you even came to the Islamic Cultural Center of New York on 96th Street. At that time, you walked into that house of worship and you felt all the love vibrating in that mosque. Try to remember how sweet and enlightened my good friend, Imam Shamsi Ali was, and all of the people you met with.

My friends, both Muslims and Jews, are saying there are so many comparisons between your rap and Hitler’s, and I cannot disagree with them, Donald. You can’t possibly want your kids or your wife Melania (all of whom I know and respect) to live with that. You are a born leader, who is set to possibly win the nomination of your party, but don’t compromise what I know is in your heart to do it. You are a generous, kind man who has built a career on negotiating deals where everybody wins. Now, you seem like a one-man wrecking ball willing to destroy our nation’s foundation of freedom.

Stop the bullshit. Stop fueling fires of hate. Don’t feed into the rhetoric created by small-minded people. You’re smarter and certainly more loving then you let on. The Republicans in power don’t like you any more than the Democrats in power, as they know you can’t be controlled, because you are your own man. You have been many people’s champ in the past, but now you are becoming a major embarrassment. I know the cheap seats are easy to play to, but you can get them just by being the man I have known for nearly 30 years.

I’ll pray that this truth will ring a bell and it will not only temper your rap, but remind you of the man you used to be. You are trying to be president of a country built on religious freedom; remember that the next time you discuss the beautiful followers of Islam. I would also like to remind you of one of my favorite quotes from the Holy Quran, “Love all men of good books equally.” The minute you target one group or one religion or immigrants, you have failed.

I wish you good luck on your path towards the White House, but as I’m sure you know, our belief systems are polar opposites on many of the issues. And I will be campaigning rigorously against you. But if you win, I might still accept an invitation to your house to straighten you up every so often.

With love,
Russell

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom