Weirdest place you have found your remote control

s73

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Ok I've been looking for 3 days for 2 remote controls that have gone missing from my garage. They're not crucial as I can still work them but its starting to really annoy me as to where they have gone.

At present one of the two dogs is the primary suspect although I've walked around the garden would have found at least one of them.

I can't eliminate myself as I have a habit of taking things for a walk and putting them in a "safe place" which normally means I can't find it again.

I've even resorted to unpacking all boxes from our move 2 years ago and have organised the tool shed which I have been putting off for the last year.

I'm even finding remotes I don't have the appliance for anymore.

Anyway I thought it might be interesting to hear strange places I have not yet looked as I'm running out of ideas.

In a cereal packet! Seriously, my niece decided to hide it there after I told her she couldn't watch icarly and I was going to change the channel after I got back from the loo. Came back and no sign of the blasted thing till morning when I poured in some crunchy nut only to see the remote come crashing out into the bowl!

have you checked the fridge or toilet/bathroom?
- I occasionally do this with my Sky remote, having paused a programme I might still have it on me when I go to the kitchen or the toilet and so end up putting it down somewhere other than the lounge

Find the remote in the fridge regularlly. Get up to pour a drink, And normally do it in the fridge but also put the remote down, grab my drink shut the door. Where did I leave the remote?!

A mate of mine, who was freelancing at the time, rushed out of the house to a meeting. On arrival he put his car-keys & mobile down on the table, only to realise he'd taken the tv remote with him, not his phone:facepalm:

A mate of mine, who was freelancing at the time, rushed out of the house to a meeting. On arrival he put his car-keys & mobile down on the table, only to realise he'd taken the tv remote with him, not his phone:facepalm:

I've done that, was in the 90s when phones were a lot bigger. I also had a puppy that nicked the remote, for a few seconds we coudn't figure out why the TV was constantly changing channels. Perhaps she was looking for Scooby Doo.

My ex used to play the game of "I've got the remote, so I choose what to watch."

I told her what she could do with the remote.

You can guess the rest.......;)

Why is it though, every time I think, "I'll put it somewhere safe," I know I'll never see it again, but I still do it?

Have you checked your hand?
The amount of times I've gone looking for keys/remote/wallet only to find that it was in my hand anyway! :suicide:

But you guys have just given me a great idea.
I'm gonna make a "safe place" box. And every time I go to put something in "a safe place" that's where it will go! Now where did I put that marker pen....

s73 said:
I haven't checked bathroom. Could be in the wash basket. I'll report back after dinner

Not in bathroom, I'm giving up for today, day 4 may bring more luck. I need to enlist the help of a psychic

Do keep us posted. This could be interesting.

But you guys have just given me a great idea.
I'm gonna make a "safe place" box. And every time I go to put something in "a safe place" that's where it will go! Now where did I put that marker pen....

That's a brilliant idea!

In my case though, it would have to be huge.

Found my sky remote in Wales in my parents house. I live in London. Last time my parents visited they must have picked it up and put it in the suitcase, I was searching for ages, months. Anyhoo on the last visit to Wales I found the sky remote in dads shed. I asked him why have you got this as you don't have sky. He said I found it in the bedroom, asked your mum what it was ,she didnt know so he put it in his electrical odds and sods box in the shed. Oh yeah I got 2 now as I had to buy a replacement for 25 quid when I couldnt find the original.

Toilet window ledge is common for me. I'd need a wee, hit pause, unconciously take the remote with me, leave it on the ledge, return and then not have a clue where the remote is.

Cheers,

Nigel

Stuck down the back of a radiator, in a toy cooker, in the subwoofer, under the sofa etc. Even on the TV (I mean how daft is that!!!!)

Yes I have kids on the loose..... :rolleyes:

Mine normally ends up stuffed down the side of the sofa seat cushion..

:D
Toilet window ledge is common for me. I'd need a wee, hit pause, unconciously take the remote with me, leave it on the ledge, return and then not have a clue where the remote is.

Cheers,

Nigel

:D thats exactly where I leave my glass of red wine

In the washing machine mid cycle!! 1 year old daughter must of hid it in the washing pile. It was only a cheap remote for a portable DVD player thank god

I washed a telly remote control as well. It was the one for the bedroom and it must have got scooped up with the bed linen when they were put into the washing machine. It worked perfectly afterwards and was perfectly washed :)

seems a few of us take a remote to the toilet or fridge
- anyone frozen it or dropped it in the can?

No but I did drop my rechargeable shaver down the toilet a few years ago :( So every time I shaved after that I made sure the toilet lid was down. Six months later I dropped the new shaver and it bounced off the toilet lid and then onto the tiled floor and broke :facepalm:

In my wifes handbag
In my wifes dressing gown pocket
In my then 2-3 year olds mouth
Living room remote in the kitchen
Kitchen remote in the living room
... I thought I would solve all this with one of those Logitech all in one jobs, soon whet back to proper multiple remotes.

The fridge for me. But my GF insists on keeping the remote in the coffee table drawer all the time, so I am used to not knowing where the remotes are :)

article1260445104674078.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom